A teen unknowingly swallowed a sewing pin. It pierced his heart.

When a teen swallowed a small sewing pin while tailoring his clothes, he didn’t even notice. So it was a surprise to everyone when, some days later, doctors found it in a very unusual place — his heart. The 17-year-old went to the emergency room after experiencing chest pain for three days, according to a report of the case, published […]

Read more

Brother’s death from heart failure inspires his own fight for health

Yonas Michael didn’t know what to think when his younger brother, Daniel, kept saying he felt “funny.” “It’s like I can really feel my heartbeat,” Daniel told him. The brothers didn’t think much of it at first. Yonas was studying for a master’s degree in education at Iowa State University and Daniel had joined him from their childhood home in […]

Read more
1 2 3 5