Health Tip: Keep Toxins from Your Home
— The average home may be riddled with substances that are potentially toxic.
These substances can lurk in building materials, cookware, cleaning products, shower curtains, furniture, carpet and other common items, the National Institutes of Health says.
Removing these substances can help keep you and your family safer, the agency advises. Here are its suggestions:
- Clean with products that are specifically labeled non-toxic.
- Dust using a damp rag.
- Use a wet mop to clean floors.
- Vacuum with a high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filter.
- Open a window or use a fan to improve air circulation.
- Properly maintain your home’s ventilation system.
- Wash your hands and those of your children often.
Posted: November 2018
Source: Read Full Article