Coronavirus in Colorado, April 7: A look at the latest updates on COVID-19 – The Denver Post
Gov. Jared Polis on Monday extended the state’s stay-at-home order to April 26. Meanwhile, Denver Mayor Michael Hancock has extended the city’s to April 31 to help prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus.
As of Monday, 150 people in Colorado have died from the novel coronavirus as hospitalizations rise to 994. Total confirmed cases are at 5,172.
Remember, all Coloradans have been asked to wear non-medical masks when outside their homes to prevent the spread of coronavirus. Want to know how to make one? There’s plenty of ideas floating around in our coronavirus-focused Facebook group.
We are also looking to hear from you. Tell us what the coronavirus outbreak looks like for you and submit your story here.
Throughout the day, we will share the latest coverage from Denver Post journalists on the coronavirus outbreak on this page. Also, bear in mind The Denver Post relies on support from its readers to provide this in-depth coverage of the coronavirus outbreak, so please consider buying a subscription if you haven’t already.
Here are the updates from April 6.
- Colorado coronavirus map: Where are cases being reported?
- Do I have the coronavirus? Here’s what to do if you’re not sure.
- How social distancing works and what it means for you
- These Denver restaurants will offer delivery, takeout during coronavirus shutdown
- What we know now: Updates to your coronavirus questions, a month after COVID-19 was confirmed in Colorado
What’s new today
- Colorado’s marijuana businesses can remain open during pandemic, but they say they’re still struggling
- National model predicts coronavirus pandemic in Colorado has peaked, but state officials say worst is still to come
- Franchises, trucking groups team up to ensure drivers keeping food on store shelves have places to eat
- “I have nothing to look forward to”: Colorado seniors reflect on missing their final months of college
- Newman: More Rockies players should follow Daniel Murphy’s lead with donations amid coronavirus pandemic
- Children’s Hospital Colorado among first to facilitate experimental coronavirus treatment
- Denver’s closed streets bring out people eager to break coronavirus quarantine and stretch their legs
Nation and world
- MLB, union discuss playing all games in Arizona, AP sources say
- Boris Johnson is stable in ICU with coronavirus, received oxygen
- Online grocery services struggle to meet spike in demand amid coronavirus pandemic
Subscribe to bi-weekly newsletter to get health news sent straight to your inbox.
Source: Read Full Article