Ammonia leak forces closure of Cobourg Community Centre

An ammonia leak on Monday morning forced the closure of the Cobourg Community Centre.

According to the town’s municipal website, town staff were alerted to the issue via the centre’s ammonia sensor equipment before 6 a.m. Staff quickly isolated the issue and are working with the Cobourg Fire Department to assess the scene. The alarm was triggered in a compressor room in the building.

“At no time was any occupant of the building at risk,” the town statement reads.

An ambulance was on standby in the parking lot as a precaution.

Firefighters oepned a bay door and were using a fog pattern of water to dissipate the ammonia.

All morning classes have been cancelled. The building remains closed until further notice.

The cause of the leak has yet to be determined.

Sign up for our Health IQ newsletter

© 2019 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.

Source: Read Full Article