Michigan Farmer Becomes Sixth Person in the State to Die After Contracting Mosquito-Borne EEE Virus

A Michigan farmer has died after contracting the mosquito-borne virus Eastern Equine Encephalitis (EEE). The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services confirmed the farmer died following complications with the virus on Saturday, local outlet WOOD-TV reported. The farmer has since been identified as Eau Claire resident Jim Whitright, according to 16 News Now. He died at Memorial Hospital. EEE, […]

Read more

Family Suing Hospital After NYC Mom, 27, Died from Routine Procedure: ‘They Killed Her’

A New York City family is searching for answers after 27-year-old Rosemary Abreu suddenly died during a routine procedure at a Bronx hospital. Abreu, a mom of two, had gone in for surgery at Lincoln Hospital on Sept. 20 to drain a cyst in her thigh, expecting to be home soon after. But, according to the lawsuit filed by her […]

Read more

This South Dakota Mom Didn't Know She Was Pregnant — and Gave Birth to Triplets at 34 Weeks

A South Dakota mother went to the doctor thinking she was experiencing painful kidney stones, only to leave with newborn triplets. “I started getting pains; I figured it was kidney stones because I’ve went through them before,” Dannette Giltz told ABC affiliate KOTA. She was rushed to the hospital on August 10 because of the pain, not realizing she was actually […]

Read more

Flight Attendant, 43, Who Contracted Measles on Flight Dies After Battling Disease for 5 Months

A flight attendant who contracted measles sadly died this week following a five-month battle with the infectious disease. Rotem Amitai, a 43-year-old employee for El Al Airlines, passed away on Tuesday after contracting measles at the end of March and falling into a “deep” coma, The Washington Post reports. Amitai was flying from New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport to […]

Read more

Woman Wakes from Coma to Find Legs and Arms Have Been Amputated Due to an Infection from Dog Saliva

An Ohio woman says she was in disbelief when she woke up from a 10-day coma to learn that both her legs and arms have been amputated after contracting an intense infection from her dog’s saliva. Marie Trainer — who spent a total of 80 days in the hospital — told Fox 8 Cleveland that she has no recollection of […]

Read more

Diarrhea-Causing Illness from Swimming Pools — Known as 'Crypto' — Is on the Rise, CDC Says

If you’re headed to the pool this summer, make sure it’s one you trust before you dive in: According to the Centers for Disease Control, outbreaks are on the rise of a diarrheal illness from swimming pools. Outbreaks of the parasite cryptosporidium, known as crypto, have increased year after year, the CDC says in a new report. Crypto is “the […]

Read more

Young Couple Welcomes a Baby After Thinking Wife Has Kidney Stones

In one night, Grace and Bryson Mawn went from being free-spirited 20-year-olds to parents of a tiny, unexpected baby. The Louisiana couple got the shock of a lifetime when they went to the hospital thinking Grace was experiencing kidney stones — only to learn that she was actually pregnant and ready to give birth. The ordeal started after dinner with friends on March […]

Read more

Pittsburgh Father on Life Support After Flu Diagnosis as Children Ask 'When He's Coming Home'

A Pennsylvania father of two has been on life support at a Pittsburgh hospital for weeks after falling ill and being diagnosed with the flu last month. Missy Ditmore said her husband Roger Ditmore, 49, has been in the intensive care unit at UPMC Presbyterian hospital for at least two weeks after a bout with bronchitis quickly turned into a […]

Read more

Girl, 4, Dies of Flu-Related Complications After Not Being Vaccinated This Season

A young girl from Texas has died after experiencing complications from the flu, and her family says she did not receive her vaccination this year. According to WFAA, when 4-year-old Ashanti Grinage developed a high fever on Tuesday, January 29, she was diagnosed with influenza after arriving at an emergency room near her home. But while doctors recognized her fever as a sign […]

Read more

Mom of 6-Year-Old Who Developed Flesh-Eating Bacteria Warns Parents: ‘Never Take Anything Lightly’

The mom of a 6-year-old boy who developed a flesh-eating bacteria is warning other parents to take their child’s injuries seriously. Melissa Evans, from Pike County in Mississippi, said her son Chance Wade mentioned pain in his leg, but they waited three days before taking him to the doctor. “My son had initially hurt himself, and he was complaining about […]

Read more
1 2